Research conducted by Persil found that:
· Over half of UK adults played outside everyday when they were young, compared to just 23% of kids today; a decline of almost a third
· One in 10 under tens never play outside and a third stay indoors and rely on ready-made fun instead of making their own.
· After school play has evolved from riding a bike (26% of parents) and playing sports (23% of parents), to playing computer games and watching TV – the most popular activities with children - 31.5%
Pretty shocking really isn't is?
Take a look at the guide with all Bear’s top ten ideas it may give you some inspiration.
Persil have teamed up with adventurer, Bear Grylls, to offer kids and their parents the chance to spend a day with the man himself at the first ever Persil ‘Today I Am…’ Adventure Day on 26thMay 2012.
You simply buy any pack of Persil to be in with the chance of winning! Now that would be cool!!!
Bear Grylls’ Top Ten Things To Do Before You’re Ten
1. Perfect the perfect hill roll
2. Become a hide-and-seek champion
3. Go sledging- on sand
4. Build a den- indoors or out
5. Build a rope swing
6. Nurse that sting
7. Try and count the stars
8. Make a mud pie
9. Make a compass
10. Pick your own pudding